£129.99 Ex VAT
- Inc VAT: £155.99
- 5 or more £123.99 ea. (Ex VAT)
- 10 or more £123.99 ea. (Ex VAT)
- 20 or more £122.99 ea. (Ex VAT)
- In Stock Ready To Go In Our Warehouse.
- Same Day Dispatch Order before 2PM.
- Secure Shopping High Security Checkout.
- Dispatches In: 2 - 3 Days
- Manufacturer: Autopa
RetractaPost Autopa Retractable & Telescopic Parking Post 500mm
At some sites it is impractical to haul around bollards and posts once they are removed, it is also not ideal to leave them laying over in a fold-down format. For these instances, the RetractaPost is the ideal solution.
This post is commonly seen in vehicle sales forecourts, commercial premises car parks and even domestic driveways and private properties. When the bollard is in the down position it is covered by a small cover.
Once in the raised position, the bollard stands at 500mm tall above ground level. The post has a convenient grab handle on the top for ease of lifting. There are several heights of retractaPost to choose from including 500mm, 745mm and 900mm. Each post is also available in different diameters. An option with an integral lock is available to purchase for those that require it.
The RetractaPost 500 Is Easy To Use
To erect the post simply lift the lid on the post cover. The grab handle on the top of the post will now be visible. Lift the post to its full height (500mm above ground) and rotate it 45 degrees, this latches the post in the upright position. A padlock (purchased separately) can then be used to secure the post in the upright position.
Lowering the post is the reverse of this process.
Installation of a RetractaPost 500
This is a simple procedure but requires a deeper excavation than the other parking posts and security bollards that we offer.
- Calculate where you require your posts, we recommend placing them no further than 1200mm apart. Mark the ground at these points so you know where to dig later. This prevents cars driving between them, yet still allows pedestrians and wheelchair users to pass freely.
- Excavate a hole that is 300mm square and the correct depth for your chosen Retractapost size.
- Retractapost 500 – 900mm Deep Excavation
- Retractapost 745 – 1200mm Deep Excavation
- Retractapost 900 – 1400mm Deep Excavation
- Place chippings at the base of the hole to allow sufficient drainage. Preventing flooding of the post-excavation once installed.
- Place the post in position in the hole, the top of the post cover should be proud of the surface by 5mm.
- Add further chippings around the post until it stands on its own.
- Lift the post to full extension to ensure it stands straight, then continue to fill with chippings until they are 400mm from the surface of the excavation.
- Fill the remainder of the hole with concrete and smooth off around the lid, lower the post carefully and allow it to fully cure.
Full detailed install instructions are available for download below. It is recommended that these are read fully before purchasing and then again before installation.
RetractaPost 500 Options
The RetractaPost product range has several key options to choose from, these include material, finish, locking method, post diameter and height.
These posts come in three heights, 500mm, 745mm and 900mm. This is measured from floor level to the top of the post when fully extended. This measurement can be seen in the diagram above.
This is the cross section measurement of the tube that makes up the post. The common sizes are 60mm, 76mm, 90mm, 101mm, 114mm, 139mm and 168mm. The larger diameters are only available in the taller post options.
Finish & Material
There are three finishes to choose from when purchasing these posts. Galvanised Mild Steel, Stainless steel and paint over galvanised mild steel. All of these options have fantastic corrosion resistance.
If you are looking for an integral lock then the “GL” retract posts come with an integral locking system. Models with a built-in lock also include a lifting assist system due to the extra weight of the bollard.
Need Assistance Finding the right Retractable Bollard?
Give our sales team a call on 01905 794 875, they will be happy to help you find the right bollard for your needs at the right price. Our extensive range of parking and security posts allows us to find a suitable fix for almost any application.
Customers Who Viewed This Page Also Viewed
|AccuChecked||✔ (The specification has been independently checked for accuracy)|
|AccuPhoto||✔ (The photos are of the actual product type that you are ordering)|
|Diameter||60 & 90mm available|
|Height||1260mm total (500mm above ground)|
|Hole Spacing||Typically spaced 1200mm apart|
|Per Unit||12.6 - 20.7kg|
|Type||Galvanised MIld Steel|
Customer Questions & Answers
Be the first to ask a question.