£2.50 Ex VAT
- Inc VAT: £3.00
- 50 or more £2.30 ea. (Ex VAT)
- In Stock Ready To Be Dispatched.
- Secure Shopping High Security Checkout.
- Out Of Stock: Call For Availability
- Manufacturer: Roadcraft
Non-Reflective Pedestrian Crossing Studs
Our range of pedestrian crossing studs are made from either an aluminium alloy or stainless steel depending on the option you choose. They fully comply with BS 8442:2015 and are therefore when correctly installed suitable for use on the public highway.
These studs are often seen along the outside edges of pedestrian crossing points including Toucan Crossings, Puffing Crossings and Pelican crossings. They are there to make the crossing point more visible to pedestrians by providing tactile and visual feedback.
The Different Types Of Stud Available
Available only in a smooth plain top the stainless steel version is fractionally harder wearing.
Both studs are made from one piece of material and have an incorporated shank. The shank provides an anchoring point and ensures that the stud does not twist or loosen from the road surface.
The aluminium studs are available in both a plain and textured finish. The stud is approximately 100mm square on the top surface. By choosing a textured finish traction will be improved in adverse conditions.
Metallic Road Stud Installation
The studs are easy to install requiring hot melt adhesive (allow 1 kg of Hot Melt per 2 studs), a 30mm drill bit and a suitable drill.
- Mark out the points at which you need the studs to be installed. Chalk or temporary line marking paint is ideal for this.
- Drill a 30mm hole to a depth of around 80-85mm at the centre of where the stud is to be located. This cavity will allow the stud to sit level.
- Heat the hot melt adhesive by following the instructions supplied separately, once the adhesive is hot ensure the hole is clear of dust and debris and fill the hole with the melted adhesive.
- Push the stud into the hole firmly ensuring the adhesive forms a seal around the entire perimeter of the stud.
- After allowing the adhesive to set for a few minutes if the stud cannot be rotated by hand then the stud is ready for vehicle traffic.
Need help finding the right road studs for your needs?
If you have any questions regarding our range of road studs, then please contact our sales team on 01905 794 875 and speak to a member of staff. They will happily answer any questions you may have regarding installation, type and applications suited to the studs.
Customers Who Viewed This Page Also Viewed
|AccuChecked||✔ (The specification has been independently checked for accuracy)|
|AccuPhoto||✔ (The photos are of the actual product type that you are ordering)|
|Depth||Aluminium shank depth: 73mm, Stainless shank depth: 75mm|
|Width||Top: 99.56mm, Aluminium Shank: 30.63mm, Stainless Shank: 22.45mm|
|Per Unit||Aluminium: 195-200g, Stainless Steel: 525g|
|Colour||Silver Natural Exposed Stainless Or Alloy Finish|
|Application||Primarily Pedestrian Crossings|
Customer Questions & Answers
Be the first to ask a question.