Preformed Thermoplastic Playground Markings Direct
School Playground Markings UK - Preformed Thermoplastic
Thermoplastic playground markings are an easy way to make an otherwise empty patch of tarmac a fun place for children to play. We stock a wide range of thermoplastic playground markings that are perfect for playgrounds of all sizes.
Our thermoplastic materials are of high quality and come pre-embedded with anti-slip beading to ensure that they do not become slippery. Pre-cut and joined into pre-assembled easy to manage sections these markings take very little time to apply to any appropriately prepared surface.
Whether you are looking to brighten up a school playground surface, or a courtyard at a nursery these markings are ideal for inspiring imaginative play. Many of our markings have letter and number elements to assist with learning through play.
Many Designs Available
We offer a wide selection of designs that include number games, counting games, geographical markings and traditional playground games. These all come in a variety of colours and sizes.
If you cannot see the game you want or are concerned it may not fit into space you have available we are able to offer bespoke markings to suit your needs. All our markings come with an overall dimension, you will need to ensure you have at least this much space available to use the marking.
If you have a custom design in mind or a school logo requirement we are able to produce bespoke playground markings or motifs for primary schools, nurseries, high schools and universities. All we need is a good vector-based drawing of your design, and the sizing that you require.
How Are Playground Markings Applied?
These markings are sometimes called “thermal playground markings” because they are applied with the use of heat. The application process is very simple and most smaller sets can be applied by someone with relatively minimal prior knowledge or experience making them a great “do it yourself playground marking”.
- Ensure that the area to be marked out is clean, free of grease, oil, road salt, and moisture. Any loose grit or debris should be swept away to ensure you get the best results.
- If you are marking old tarmac, block paving or concrete you will require a primer. This is available in aerosol form, or in a 5-litre container. If you are applying to new tarmac you can skip this.
- Lay your markings on the ground and position them so you are happy with the layout. It is vital that the position is correct, as once you carry out the next step the markings will be permanent.
- Use a gas burner to heat and melt the markings onto the ground. During the heating process, further glass beads can be added to enhance the skid and slip resistance of the thermoplastic material.
- After things have cooled down you are done! This usually only takes a few minutes.
Why Choose These Markings Over Other Markings:
- Hard Wearing - These markings are incredibly durable, they are made from the same materials used for motorway road markings. Once applied they will last a very long time, with colours that remain bright and vibrant.
- No Artistic Talent Required - As the markings come pre-cut there is no worry of not being able to draw or produce a good design, this is all done for you before delivery.
- No Specialist Equipment Needed - All that is required for installation is a roofing torch to heat the markings.
- Easy To Apply - These markings are quick and easy to install without having any real prior experience.
If you are looking for car park thermoplastic markings or thermoplastic road markings then you will find those in their respective categories. If you still cannot find what you are looking for then please do not hesitate to phone and speak to one of our specialists, they will be happy to assist you in finding the right product for your needs. Our friendly team are available during office hours on 01905 794 875.