- £32.95 Ex VAT
- Inc VAT: £39.54
- 10 or more £31.95 ea. (Ex VAT)
- 20 or more £30.95 ea. (Ex VAT)
- In Stock Ready To Go In Our Warehouse.
- Same Day Dispatch Order before 2PM.
- Secure Shopping High Security Checkout.
- Made To Order: Ships in 5 - 7 Days
- Manufacturer: Start Traffic
Narrow Road Traffic Sign 516
The road narrows sign should be used where a road with one lane gets narrower on both sides enough to potentially be dangerous. The sign shouldn't be needed if the narrowing doesn't remove a lane from the junction and the lane does not have a severe taper. Table 4-1 on page 19 of the Traffic Signs Manual, Chapter 4 covers the specific taper criteria. This is also sometimes mistaken as the "No Through Road" or "End of Dual Carriageway" sign. You can tell this one is road narrows because the lines stay separate but are pushed closer together.
You would find the diagram where people are forced to drive much closer together, such as a tight corner. It is necessary wherever a lane is lost on a single carriageway road or where the centre line has faded or disappeared. This may be on a turning or straight line but warns drivers to be cautious of oncoming traffic. HGVs such as lorries may struggle in these areas, especially a turning. Therefore, these supplementary plates can be used as well:
- Diagram 511- "Reduce Speed Now"
- Diagram 513.1- "Adverse Camber"
- Diagram 518- "Single File Traffic"
- Diagram 519- "Single Track Road"
- Diagram 572- "Distance Ahead"
- Diagram 575- "Oncoming Vehicles in Middle of Road"
- Diagram 872.1- "Number of Traffic Lanes Reduces'", For the loss of a lane on a dual carriageway, slip road at a separated junction, or on a one-way street
This sign comes in 600-1500mm. The standard size is 600mm but larger sizes are used where people may not easily see the sign or the road speeds are high
Superior Quality Sign Face
Superior quality prismatic reflective sign face ensure that the sign stands the test of time.
Durable Composite Base
Made from a composite material which is an aluminium covering over plastic, it is light and ultra strong.
Designed to be Post Mounted
Each Part of the sign comes with two rails allowing the fitment of two clips per face for secure mounting.
Need Help Finding The Right Sign Face?
Our sales team are ready and waiting to take your call on 01905 794 875 to help you get the right post mounted sign for the job. If you do not need a post mounted item we also have temporary warning signs as well as road marking signs available.
Customers Who Viewed This Page Also Viewed
|Conforms||Class 2 Reflectivity|
|AccuChecked||✔ (The specification has been independently checked for accuracy)|
|AccuPhoto||✔ (The photos are of the actual product type that you are ordering)|
|Thickness||3.6mm (face), 20mm (including rails)|
|Type||Vinyl face on Dibond backing|
|Colour||Grey backing, white, red and black signage|
|Customisation||Alternative wording and sizes available. Please call for details.|
Customer Questions & Answers
Be the first to ask a question.