- £9.99 Ex VAT
- Inc VAT: £11.99
- 5 or more £9.20 ea. (Ex VAT)
- 10 or more £7.70 ea. (Ex VAT)
- In Stock Ready To Go In Our Warehouse.
- Same Day Dispatch Order before 2PM.
- Secure Shopping High Security Checkout.
- Availability: In Stock
- Manufacturer: Start Traffic
Road Line Markings - Thermoplastic Hot Mark Tape
Our thermoplastic road line marking tape is the easy way to mark out roads and car parks. No mess, no fuss and the premium quality of the material cannot be beaten for long lifespans and ease of application.
Supplied as a single roll in a 5-meter length with a choice of widths, 50mm, 100mm, 150mm and 200mm. White or yellow lines are available from stock.
- Easy... apply it yourself with basic equipment.
- Professional... get durable, highly visible results.
- Efficient... buy just what you need.
- Flexible... off the shelf and pre-cut.
- Practical... use it in hard to reach areas.
- Versatile... with non-slip and reflective coatings.
- Conforms to BSEN 1871
StartMark is a quick and permanent line marking tape for use on roads, car parks, footpaths, cycle paths, hard sports surfaces and playgrounds. Available in rolls of tape or a variety of preformed shapes, StartMark is fast and easy to apply - the product is simply laid in position and heated with a gas torch until melted, leaving a permanent and extremely durable marking on the surface, which can be used almost immediately. You can see our full range of Startmark thermoplastic road marking products in here.
Bespoke signs and symbols can also be created if artwork is supplied. StartMark is suitable primarily for application to asphalt / tarmac / bituminous surfaces but can also be applied to concrete using our concrete surface primer.
Is my Ground Suitable and do I Need to Use a Primer?
Our thermoplastic line markings are designed to be applied directly to completely dry asphalt / tarmac surfaces without any other preparation needed. It is recommended that a primer is used for best results if:
- It is being applied onto concrete or block paved surfaces
- It is being applied on to particularly old or worn bituminous surfaces
- If stone / aggregate is visible in the surface it is a sign that the bitumen is very low so primer will be required.
- you're not sure, then use Primer
We offer two sizes of primer - A small 400ml aerosol can, for smaller jobs and also a 5-litre tin that can be applied with a brush or roller. Please see related products for these.
If your Tarmac looks like this or it is more than 6 months old then we recommend using a Primer to make sure that the line markings stick.
Please note: StartMark cannot be applied directly onto painted surfaces or onto old painted lines. You will need to scrape away old lines before applying fresh StartMark.
I'm marking out car park lines, how much do I need?
Car length are typically 4 - 5 metres. We recommend that a whole roll of 5m tape is used to mark the length of a car park space and 2.5m to mark the width. This also means very little cutting as our rolls are supplied in 5m lengths. We also sell thermoplastic numbers and disabled badges for marking spaces in car parks - please see related products. 100mm is the standard line width used in car parks.
I need to lay out car park markings, can you help?There are a number of guidelines that can be referred to for how to lay out car park markings:
What width should I use?
The most common applications for each of the widths are:
- 50mm - Road parking spaces with dashed lines, hatched areas
- 100mm - Parking space separation, double yellow lines, hatched areas
- 150mm - Lorry park markings, cycle lane delineation
- 200mm - To indicate priority at junctions, loading bay markers
How do I install this? - Application Video
Customers Who Viewed This Page Also Viewed
|Conforms||BS EN 1871|
|AccuChecked||✔ (The specification has been independently checked for accuracy)|
|AccuPhoto||✔ (The photos are of the actual product type that you are ordering)|
|Width||50mm, 100mm, 150mm (Please Call), 200mm|
|Per Unit||50mm: 1.14kg, 100mm: 2.28kg, 150mm: 3.42kg, 200mm: 4.56kg|
|Colour||White or Yellow|
|Application||If using glass bead, 250g of glass bead per square metre|
|Per Box||50mm: 20 rolls, 100mm: 10 rolls, 150mm: 5 rolls, 200mm: 5 rolls.|
Customer Questions & Answers
Would you be able to supply this and what would I need?
- There are no particular standards, however 100mm yellow lines are normally used. For spacing and particular layouts, please refer to the guides in the product description.
- You will be able to do gentle curves. The trick is to lay out the line and gently heat it up so it is very flexible, then move it into the desired shape. There is a limit to how sharp the curve can be but this is sufficient for almost all real-world situations.