£22.57 Ex VAT
- Inc VAT: £27.08
- In Stock Ready To Be Dispatched.
- Secure Shopping High Security Checkout.
- Dispatches In: 1 - 2 Days
- Manufacturer: Start Traffic
Parent And Child Parking Symbol
Our parent and child parking marking is part of our range of thermoplastic car park markings. It is the ideal way of making parking easier for parents with small children. Parking bays with the extra room are required for parents who have children in the car with them. This is because small children are required by law to be seated in an appropriate booster seat or car seat. These seats often mean that extra room is needed to open doors fully when taking a child in and out of the vehicle. It also allows better access for prams.
Our parent and child parking space marking is designed specifically to designate parking spaces that have extra space for parents with small children. The symbol is pre-cut from thermoplastic material and is very easy to apply. We offer this marking in a variety of colours, with a selection of background colours also to choose from.
Sometimes called a parent and child bay or mother and child space these markings can be used wherever parent and child spaces need marking. You will often find these special care spaces next to disabled parking bays, for which we have another set of markings. You will find these markings used in private car parks all over the country at supermarkets, shopping centres and other large venues.
Key Features Of Our Thermoplastic Parent and Child Parking Space Marking
- Easy Application - No special knowledge, talent or years at art school required, just a clean surface and a gas heat gun.
- Professional Appearance - These markings always look good due to their pre-cut design.
- Fast To Install - Minimal surface preparation is required for these markings, with a worst-case scenario requiring an application of primer.
- Non-Slip - Apply glass bead to enhance the traction of your marking, both for pedestrians and vehicles.
- Conforms - BSEN 1871
Choose From A Variety Of Colours
We supply this parent-toddler marking in a wide range of colours. The standard and most popular options are white or yellow. Some venues choose to have this placed onto a coloured background to further enhance the contrast of the marking, ensuring that people do not park in the space without a child.
Some parent-child parking space tips:
- Spaces should have extra space around them, this includes 1.2m either side and to the rear of the space.
- The parking space should ideally be no further than 75m from the entrance to the building or exit of the parking structure.
- The parking space itself should be 2.4m x 4.8m (not including the extra space mentioned above)
- Drop kerb should be in front of the space where possible ensuring parents do not need to walk near the traffic behind the space with small children.
- Spaces should be clearly and consistently marked so they are easy to identify.
- More information can be found here. Reading Councils Parking Guidance.
Application Of Mother And Child Symbol In Thermoplastic
Applying our parent and child symbol markings is very easy. Firstly the area must be cleaned of all loose debris, oil, grease and salts. Once this is done you are ready to get going. If your road surface is old tarmac, concrete or block paving then you will need to use our fast-drying primer.
Once you have fully prepped the surface the marking can be set out. Once you are happy with the marking positioning a heat gun can be used to melt the marking to the road surface. For additional traction glass bead can be sprinkled over the surface, this is fused into the marking with the further application of heat.
Cannot find the thermoplastic road markings you are looking for? We are here to help, our trained staff are available throughout the day to take your calls or answer your messages. They will ensure that you get the best marking at the best price. Our phone lines are open during normal office hours.
Customers Who Viewed This Page Also Viewed
|Conforms||BS EN 1871|
|Application||If using glass bead, 250g of glass bead per square metre|
Customer Questions & Answers
Be the first to ask a question.