- £26.05 Ex VAT
- Inc VAT: £31.26
- 5 or more £23.45 ea. (Ex VAT)
- 10 or more £21.10 ea. (Ex VAT)
- In Stock Ready To Be Dispatched.
- Secure Shopping High Security Checkout.
- Installation Available Find out more
- Dispatches In: 1 - 2 Days
- Brand: Start Traffic
Disabled Parking Bay Symbol Marking
This symbol of a wheelchair user is used to indicate parking spaces that are reserved for those that are blue badge holders. When positioned in the centre of a parking bay these markings clearly distinguish disabled spaces from normal parking spaces.
We supply this marking in two colours, two sizes and with and without a blue background. This allows you to tailor your disabled parking space markings to your budget and appearance requirements with ease. Choose a marking with a blue background to make the symbol really stand out.
Don’t forget to use these in conjunction with disabled badge holders only signs! We carry post mounted signs to go with these symbols further dissuading incorrect parking. With both markings and signs, you can be sure that your venue, whether that be a shopping centre or supermarket will keep its disabled spaces open for disabled persons.
Key Features Of Our Thermoplastic Handicap Symbol:
- Easy Application - No special knowledge, talent or years at art school required, just a clean surface and a gas heat gun.
- Professional Appearance - These markings always look good due to their pre-cut design.
- Fast To Install - Minimal surface preparation is required for these markings, with a worst-case scenario requiring an application of primer.
- Non-Slip - Apply glass bead to enhance the traction of your marking, both for pedestrians and vehicles.
- Conforms - BSEN 1871
Disabled Parking Bar Marking Regulations:
Although there are strict rules for street parking when it comes to disability parking spaces, private car parks can be a bit of a lottery as to quality and layout. To help ensure your car park offers the best for users displaying a valid blue badge we have included some general guidelines;
- Spaces should have extra space around them, this includes 1.2m either side and to the rear of the space.
- The parking spaces should be the closest spaces to the entrance of the building or parking structure pedestrian exit.
- The parking space itself should be 2.4m x 4.8m (not including the extra space mentioned above)
- A drop kerb should be in front of the space should be installed wherever possible allowing wheelchair users easy access to pavement.
- Spaces should be clearly and consistently marked so they are easy to identify.
More information can be found here: Reading Councils Parking Guidance.
Application Of Disabled Markings In Thermoplastic
Applying our disabled parking symbol markings is very easy. Firstly the area must be cleaned of all loose debris, oil, grease and salts. Once this is done you are ready to get going. If your road surface is old tarmac, concrete or block paving then you will need to use our fast-drying primer.
Once you have fully prepped the surface the marking can be set out. Once you are happy with the marking positioning a heat gun can be used to melt the marking to the road surface. For additional traction glass bead can be sprinkled over the surface, this is fused into the marking with the further application of heat.
Cannot find the road marking you are looking for? Our trained staff are available throughout the day to take your calls or answer your messages.
They will ensure that you get the best marking at the best price. Our phone lines are open during normal office hours.
Customers Who Viewed This Page Also Viewed
'Electric vehicle recharging point' Inc Symbols Sign Post Mounted Dia. 660.9 R2/RA2 £17.98
|Pallet Type||Single Pallet Type|
Customer Questions & Answers
Be the first to ask a question.